International Private Wealth
Our International Private Wealth team focuses on looking after the tax affairs of individuals with multi-jurisdictional assets and interests. Many of our clients are entrepreneurs with complex international affairs and we work with the client and their other advisers to achieve the desired objectives. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional client service to our clients and proactively seek opportunities to improve their global tax position.
With BDO being part of one of the world’s largest accounting network, we are able to utilise BDO’s global reach and local knowledge in the advice we provide to our private clients. Personal tax is an integral part of any tax system in the world, and private client services are an integral part of BDO’s global service.
Given exponential growth in demand for our cross border planning expertise in the wake of legislative change, increased compliance and the globalisation of wealth, the Private Client teams work together across the BDO International network.
All aspects of international tax advice are interdependent and necessary in providing a full understanding of the worldwide tax implications for our clients. Hence while international tax advice is provided by the BDO member firm in the relevant jurisdiction, we coordinate and manage international projects to ensure a seamless service is provided to our clients.
We have international desks providing deeper expertise with the major jurisdictions and the world’s largest financial centres. Our advisers work directly with clients and contacts in these centres. We have a specialist US Private Wealth and Entrepreneurial tax team, based in London - a team of dual qualified US and UK tax professionals, offering a service to ‘US connected’ clients.
BDO has a particular expertise in advising non UK domiciles living in the UK, offshore trustees and directors and private equity investors, executives and management teams and work with these clients to understand their requirements from a business, personal and family perspective.
Our services include:
- Advice on the use of trusts and other entities in structuring global wealth
- International tax structuring and international tax coordination
- Wealth and asset structuring – including yacht and plane structuring
- Advice on UK anti-avoidance legislation, structuring of wealth under the UK remittance basis , tax residence advice and practical guidance
- Tax structuring for investment strategy, fund management and private equity
- Inheritance/estate tax and succession planning
- Compliance and necessary filings with UK tax authorities
- Divorce/matrimonial advice