UK Private Wealth and Entrepreneurial
Our Private Wealth and Entrepreneurial team works with individuals, their families, their businesses, investments and related entities at different stages of wealth creation. The team has a particular focus on wealth structuring, with experience and expertise in tackling complex issues such as how to hold investments, the control of assets and succession planning, through to coordinating and processing personal tax returns.
We work for business owners, investors and stakeholders, private equity and other funds, trustees and directors, including directors of family vehicles, FCA registered advisers and executives. With every individual or family having different requirements we provide tailored tax solutions to match the objectives of our clients, helping them to protect and maximise their wealth. We also work actively with advisers to private clients, working with trust companies, family offices, private banks, lawyers and existing accountants to offer an integrated approach to tax planning.
BDO plays a leading role in the private equity sector, advising investors, executives and management teams on private equity funds and transactions relating to PE backed companies. We work to ensure we fully understand the commercial aims at a fund level as well as personal and family objectives. We have a significant experience of advising private equity investors, executives and funds, whose affairs are complex, multi-jurisdictional and often involve trusts (both in the UK and offshore), and will deliver bespoke advice.
The wider services of the Private Wealth and Entrepreneurial team include
- Capital gains planning, optimising tax rates and reliefs
- Extraction of cash, shareholder exit strategies and investment structuring
- Succession planning and wealth preservation, including family entities such as trusts, partnerships and companies
- Tax efficient structuring of business ventures and funds - identifying appropriate structures, using partnerships, corporate vehicles and trusts
- Tax reporting for funds, investors and executives
- Management vehicles and incentive arrangements