AIM Directors’ Remuneration Report 2022
02 March 2022
For the sixth year running, we have researched the remuneration of directors of AIM listed companies. The AIM market has been a consistent source of optimism throughout the pandemic, for what has been an otherwise volatile period for public markets. This year’s AIM Directors’ Remuneration report looks at the key trends driving remuneration in AIM 100 companies, providing up to date market intelligence and benchmarking across salary, bonuses and gender diversity.
Key findings include:
- As a whole AIM showed great resilience in 2021
- The median salary for CEOs in 2021 is £348,000 and total average remuneration is £968,000.
- The median FD & CFO salary is now £221,000, a 5% increase on two years ago. Total average remuneration has reached £529,000.
- In 2021, bonuses for CEOs made up 43% of total remuneration packages, compared to FDs/CFO where bonuses made up 34% on average.
- Only 2% of NEDs received a bonus in the current year, the median salary is now £46,000.
- Gender diversity on AIM 100 boards remains low at only 16%. More than 1/4 of AIM 100 boards still have no female representation.
Although this report can only provide a snapshot of executive remuneration at a single point in time, we hope it will provide a useful benchmarking resource to allow you to compare your remuneration, and that of your directors, to your peers.
Download the report now