AIM Directors’ Remuneration Report 2021
01 April 2021
For the fifth year running, we have researched the remuneration of directors of AIM listed companies. After plummeting in the initial throes of the pandemic, alongside all other indices, the AIM index recovered to its pre-COVID level by October 2020 and saw its value steadily increase into the close of the year. The latest edition of the report examines remuneration for a range of role types over the past three years as well as looking at changes to basic salary, changes to the configuration of remuneration packages, and gender diversity.
Key findings include:
- As a whole AIM showed great resilience in 2020
- Median salary for CEOs is £325,000
- Median FD/CFO salary is £226,000, an increase of almost 16%, compared to the around 3% uplift for their CEO counterparts.
- 38% of CEOs who were awarded a bonus received at least as much as their basic salary compared to 26% three years ago
- The average number of women on boards has increased but progress is still only marginal with around one woman per board and a third of the AIM 100 still lacking any female representation at all.
Although this report can only provide a snapshot of executive remuneration at a single point in time, it will provide a useful benchmarking resource to allow you to compare your remuneration, and that of your directors, to your peers.
Download the report now