Financial Crime and Fraud Investigations
Our extensive experience of tackling financial crime and fraud has taught us the importance of acting quickly and getting expert assistance. Achieving a rapid response can be critical to the success of any investigation.
Our team brings together fraud and financial crime experts with a range of backgrounds in criminal investigations, forensic accounting and forensic computing and are skilled at conducting sensitive financial investigations. We regularly conduct large-scale, complex investigations for the UK's leading law enforcement, prosecution and regulatory agencies, as well as for corporations, major banks, foreign governments and law firms.
We work closely with colleagues from across BDO’s international network to provide expertise across the globe no matter where the issue is discovered or what business sector it is in.
Our investigation services include:
- Rapid response fraud investigation
- Investigation into accounting irregularities and financial misstatements
- Corruption and bribery investigations
- Regulatory investigations (including Skilled Person assignments)
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Investigations linked to contentious insolvency matters
- Quantification of loss
- Background checks and desktop reviews
- Specialist advice to the board on next steps
Financial crime and fraud; detection and prevention
We advise businesses on the detection and prevention of financial crime and fraud. This includes anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-money laundering (AML). We help clients understand the financial crime and fraud risks relevant to their business. We also help them develop best practice procedures and solutions which protect their businesses against the threat of economic crime.
Our services include:
- Development of fraud prevention measurers – including advice on recruitment, codes of conduct and systems and controls
- UK Bribery Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) advice
- Review of anti-bribery systems and risks Development of anti-bribery controls
- AML and Counter Terrorist Finance (CTF) advice
- Development of Know Your Customer and Politically Exposed Person procedures
- Pre-transaction due diligence