Financial Crime and Fraud Investigations
Our extensive experience of tackling financial crime and fraud has taught us the importance of acting quickly and getting expert assistance. Achieving a rapid response can be critical to the success of any investigation.
Our team members are skilled at conducting sensitive financial investigations and bring together fraud and financial crime experts with a range of backgrounds in criminal investigations, forensic accounting and forensic computing.
We are regularly sought out to conduct large-scale, complex investigations for the UK's leading law enforcement, prosecution and regulatory agencies, as well as for corporations, major banks, foreign governments and international law firms.
We work closely with colleagues from across BDO’s international network to provide expertise where and how you need it.
Our investigation services include:
- Rapid response fraud investigation
- Crisis management
- Investigation into accounting irregularities and financial misstatements
- Corruption and bribery investigations
- Regulatory investigations (including Skilled Person assignments)
- Asset-tracing and recovery
- Investigations linked to contentious insolvency matters
- Funds flows and quantification of loss
- Background checks and desktop reviews
- Specialist advice to the board on next steps
Financial crime and fraud: detection and prevention
We advise businesses on the detection and prevention of financial crime and fraud. This includes anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-money laundering (AML). We help clients understand the financial crime and fraud risks relevant to their business. We also help them develop best practice procedures and solutions that protect their businesses against the threat of economic crime.
Our services include:
- Development of fraud prevention measures – including advice on recruitment, codes of conduct and systems and controls
- UK Bribery Act and US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) advice
- Review of anti-bribery systems and risks, and development of anti-bribery controls
- AML and Counter Terrorist Finance (CTF) advice
- Development of Know Your Customer and Politically Exposed Person procedures
- Pre-transaction corporate intelligence and individual due diligence