Tax is a key aspect of acquiring and merging businesses. Tax can affect every element of a deal or transaction, a key moment in the lifecycle of your business, and be the difference between success and failure.
Raising finance, corporate structures, share structuring and asset sales are some of the areas where having a tax strategy will deliver huge benefits and value.
We regularly advise clients like you on:
- Maximising tax relief for borrowers and withholding tax on financing costs during fundraising
- How investment returns will be taxed
- Efficient structuring of share and asset sales, minimising tax cost on returns to shareholders
- Efficient structuring of all transaction costs including financing, corporate tax, Stamp Duty and VAT
- Tax due diligence
- Commercial advice on investment decisions and tax implications
Tax strategy for transactions
We combine our knowledge of the tax and regulatory environment and our understanding of your business to deliver the best tax strategy and solutions to support your M&A strategy. You can also work with us to develop a broader tax strategy for your business. This will ensure that different aspects of your tax are integrated including tax considerations for transactions.
Integrated Mergers & Acquisitions advisory
You will also benefit from our close collaboration with corporate finance specialists to provide an integrated advisory team before and during the transaction process. You can also access subject matter and local experts across the world through the BDO international network to advise you on international and cross-border transactions.