M&A tax services
Acquiring and merging businesses is a key moment in the lifecycle of companies. There is usually a lot at stake. It can be daunting to manage all the aspects of the acquisition. Tax will be a key aspect of any deal or transaction. It can impact every element of the deal from raising finance to the corporate structure to efficient structuring of share and asset sales. You will be better equipped to deal with all these challenges if you have a tax strategy to support your overall business strategy.
Our Mergers & Acquisitions tax team regularly advises clients on:
- Raising finance for acquisitions with a view to maximising tax relief for the borrower and withholding tax on financing costs
- How investors will be taxed on their investment return
- Efficient structuring of share and asset sales, including minimising tax cost on returns to shareholders
- Efficient structuring of all transaction costs including financing, corporate tax, Stamp Duty and VAT
- Tax due diligence
- Commercial advice on investment decisions and tax implications
Tax strategy for Mergers & Acquisitions
Our team combine their knowledge of the tax and regulatory environment and their understanding of your business to deliver the best strategy and solutions that support your overall business strategy.
Integrated Mergers & Acquisitions advisory
Our team work closely with corporate finance specialists to provide an integrated advisory team before and during the transaction process. We will also work with and leverage colleagues across the world in the BDO international network to advise on international and cross-border transactions.