Many of the most complicated VAT issues arise for Not-For-Profit (NFP) Organisations such as charities, educational establishments and registered providers of social housing. Typically, these entities will have issues with complex VAT liabilities, the application of the VAT reliefs, as well as business/non business calculations and the traditional partial exemption matters.
While navigating these VAT issues, Not-For-Profit Organisations also face the familiar challenges of maximising the use of their assets, value creation through fund raising and the protection of both income and reputation. At the same time the VAT landscape for these entities changes at a ferocious pace, with most weeks showing new case law or a change in the views of HMRC.
Our national team of experts are highly experienced in providing Not-For-Profit Organisations with the sound advice and help they need to achieve their charitable and strategic aims.
Operating as an integral part of the wider Not-for-Profit team we advise on:
- VAT liabilities around sponsorship, fundraising or land/property
- International issues in the EU and beyond
- Business/non business issues around the recovery of VAT
- Partial Exemption issues from attribution to aiding Organisations with special methods
- Maximising the use of VAT reliefs on advertising and land/property
- Assistance with dealing with HMRC from the initial inspection, all the way through to dispute resolution
- Help with operational issues, from governance reviews to day-to-day advice.
Find out more about our NFP Services and team.