We advise public and private companies on corporate transactions within a capital markets context
Our services include:
- Conducting strategic reviews and originating or executing acquisition and disposal mandates for public companies
- Advising a bidder on the takeover of a public company including strategy, tactics and the offer process
- Advising a public company that has received an approach, whether friendly or hostile, on strategy, tactics and formal Rule 3 advice under the Takeover Code
- Assisting management teams and private equity providers with structuring and executing Public to Private transactions
- Acting as sponsor under the Listing Rules
- Providing fairness opinions in relation to corporate transactions
- Advising companies on an IPO/flotation, including the management of dual track IPO and private equity processes
- Managing corporate restructuring, reorganisations and refinancing, including the demerger of divisional operations or tender offers
- Advising public companies on the interpretation and implementation of the Prospectus Rules and the Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules
- Liaising with the Takeover Panel, the FCA and the London Stock Exchange to secure regulatory approvals
- Financial promotion approval under Section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. BDO’s Plc Advisory team advises public and private companies on corporate transactions within a capital markets context.
The team is part of our national Mergers & Acquisitions business. The team members are drawn from advisory and stockbroking backgrounds and have experience of dealing with investors and fund managers as well as boards of public companies. The team has acted for a broad range of main market companies, AIM companies, unlisted Plcs and overseas companies. It has advised on many successful transactions with commercial companies and has considerable experience of advising on transactions involving investment companies, including closed-ended investment funds and venture capital trusts.