The Building Products & Services sector comprises varied businesses encompassing the manufacture and distribution of materials for the construction and infrastructure sectors, and the servicing of products and assets in the built environment. Despite market headwinds, the sector has proven resilient, and is underpinned by strong, long-term demand for construction, housebuilding and major infrastructure projects. Order books suggest that growth will continue but the continued concerns over skills shortages pose a high risk to the industry’s ability to increasing output.
Key factors fuelling the forecast sector growth include:
- Ongoing government policies and legislative changes, such as the Building Safety Act
- Sustainability and ESG, now front and centre of the challenges and opportunities facing the sector, encompassing emissions, materials, technologies and the supply chain.
- Distributors and manufacturers looking to capture greater margins through the value chain.
- Evolving consumer trends, such as consumers increasingly moving online and becoming more cost savvy whilst demanding the same level of quality and customer service.
- Smart technology, which is rapidly increasing in prevalence across a range of building product sectors. “Smart building products” enables greater control, co-ordination and monitoring and ultimately benefits consumers by enhancing efficiencies.
Read our Building Products & Services: Sector Insights report to get valuable input from industry leaders and the Construction Products Association.
Our Building Products & Services team combines technical expertise and sector insight to provide you with specialist advice and access to an extensive contact base in the mid-market.
We have established an in-depth understanding of the sector through regular discussions with key market players and working with a range of manufacturing, distribution and service orientated clients operating in the Building Products & Services space. Our knowledge of the sector makes us ideally placed to advise clients seeking to take advantage of the exciting opportunities available in this dynamic industry.
Our Building Products & Services group plays a leading role in the industry, providing the full breadth of advisory services, including M&A, Strategy, CDD, ESG advisory, Value Creation Services, Supply Chain Services, R&D tax advisory, Transaction Services, and much more to manufacturers, distributors, retailers and wholesalers.