At the forefront of the conversation
The Building Products industry comprises a varied range of products which are experiencing strong growth underpinned by the continued momentum in construction and house building along with major infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2. Order books suggest that growth will continue but the continued concerns over skills shortages pose a high risk to the industry’s ability to increasing output.
Key factors fuelling the forecast sector growth include:
- Government policies and legislative changes presents challenges but also growth opportunities.
- Distributors and manufacturers are looking to capture greater margins through the value chain. There is a noticeable trend of distribution companies moving up the value chain whilst manufacturers are seeking to bring in house the distribution activities.
- Large groups are increasingly considering activities previously considered non-core to their strategy. As competition intensifies, diversification through M&A can facilitate a move to adjacent sectors.
- Consumer trends are constantly evolving and play a significant role in shaping industry dynamics. For example, the B2C market is increasingly moving online with consumers becoming more cost savvy whilst demanding the same level of quality and customer service.
- Application of smart technology is rapidly increasing in prevalence across a range of building product sectors. “Smart building products” enables greater control, co-ordination and monitoring and ultimately benefits consumers by enhancing efficiencies.
BDO’s Building Products sector team combines technical expertise and sector insight to provide clients with specialist advice and access to an extensive contact base in the mid-market.
Our specialist team has established an in-depth understanding of the sector through regular discussions with key market players and working with a range of manufacturing, distribution and service orientated clients operating in the Building Products space. Our knowledge of sector dynamics makes us ideally placed to advise clients seeking to take advantage of the exciting opportunities available in this dynamic sector.
BDO’s Building Products group plays a leading role in the Building Products industry, providing M&A, transaction services, business assurance, tax and business advisory services to manufacturers, distributors, retailers and wholesalers.